Saturday 10 December 2016

SOTA Presentation

SOTA presentation in Aberystwyth

8/12/2016


It had already been a busy day as I had activated Rhos Ymryson GW/MW-035 with John GW4TQE  in the afternoon so as soon as I got back home Val and I made our way North to give a presentation to the Aberystwyth & District Amateur Radio Society entitled ‘Summits on the Air – Practicalities of portable radio, a Mountain Goat’s perspective’. 

There were quite a few demonstrations going on but by 8:00pm it was time for me to take to the stage and entertain the audience :)  
Demonstrating my 'cable-tie dipole' for 2m and 70cms
My display and 'Powerpoint' presentation
A thoroughly enjoyable evening with a positive response from the members….. it looks as if we might gain a few Chasers and who knows there could be a few more Activators on the hills in Wales. Thanks to Colin Sauze for the pics and to all the members for the welcome.

73 Allan GW4VPX  

No comments:

Post a Comment